Tip Dresser Pneumatic
Pneumatic Electrode Dresser CDY-1 Manual Type
1． Before using the pneumatic tip dresser
We have inspected the quality of this product before shipping and packed the product to ensure its delivery to you safety and without damage during transport. Please inspect the product for damage to the packing or product on arrival with you. If you find any damage to the packaging or the product then please feel free to contact us.
2． Using the pneumatic tip dresser.
It’s important that this pneumatic tool is supplied with cold, clean and dry compressed air that has been lubricated.
- Compressed air supply to this pneumatic tool should ideally be between 5bar to 7bar. Compressed air of less than 4bar will cause the pneumatic tool to operate incorrectly.
- Impurities in the air, high water content or un-lubricated air will cause damage to the air motor in this pneumatic tool.
- Compressed air with a high temperature will severely reduce the life span of this pneumatic tool.
Please Note* it is important that the air supply to this pneumatic tip dresser be fitted with a good quality air service unit consisting of a Filter, Regulator and Lubricator (FRL) which is placed inline to the pneumatic tip dresser. Water and impurities must be removed from the air.
- The air motor in this pneumatic tool operating at high speed. The preferred method of lubricating this pneumatic tool is for oil to be added into the air supply via the lubrication unit on the FRL unit. This will ensure a constant and even supply to the air motor at all times.
- The oil used by this machine is a light machine oil (ISO spec VG32)
- Further lubrication should be made by Appling grease to the gears in the gearbox. The gear box can be accessed by removing the protection cover located under the head of the unit. This should be undertaken every six months to a year dependant on the frequency of use of the pneumatic tool.
4. General conditions.
- You can expect a long and problem free life span of this pneumatic tool if it is used within normal operating conditions.
- The robust design of the pneumatic tool reduces the risk of handling damage during usage.
- It must be noted that the pneumatic tool must be used within the capacity for which it was designed.
- It is important that the correct blade and holder is used at all times.
- Do not use the pneumatic tool for work other than for what it was designed. This could cause damage to the tool.
- Dropping the tool after use, general abuse, incorrect blade and / or holder, lack of lubricant will all lead to a reduce reliability and life span of the tool.
5. Selection of Tip cutter blade & Holder design.
- Only use the specified blade holder for the CYD-1 pneumatic tip dresser.
- Only use the specified blade designed to fit the holder within the CYD-1 pneumatic tip dresser.
- Only use the blade & holder size that suits the diameter of the tips i.e 13mm holder & blade for 13mmdia tips and 16mm blade and holder for 16mmdia tips.
Pneumatic Tip Dresser
CDY-1 Cutter Blade Size
23.2 x 15 x 6
16mm Diameter Tip
6． Blade & Holder installation (see sketch below).
- Insert blade through rectangular cut-out in the holder ensuring the blade is facing the correct direction.
- Press holder & blade assy into rotating gear making sure flats on holder align with cut-out flats in the pneumatic dresser. A rubber “O” Ring helps ensures that the holder does not slip out.
- When removing the holder and blade assy reverse the above steps.
7． To dress the electrode.
- Check the holder & blades fitted to the pneumatic dresser are correctly fitted and the correct configuration.
- Place the pneumatic dresser over the electrode that is to be dressed ensuring the tool is square and parallel with the electrode that is being dressed.
- Apply pressure with pneumatic dresser onto the electrode that is being dressed and start the machine using the under body lever.
- Constant pressure must be maintained on the electrode until the dressing operation is completed. If the tool is not held square and parallel then damage may occur to the blade and holder.